Which American credit card to choose?
American Express, also called AMEX, is unique from the rest of the credit card dealers, as American Express has a bank of its own. They have cards for people from all types of economic background. They have cards aimed for the youth. The AMEX cards with a set of pros and cons.
The American Express cards have a lot of advantages. One of the lucrative features of the AMEX card is that it offers money back policy. This money back policy offers a lucrative 5 percent cash back on frequent purchases. This is better than Visa and Master cards. The AMEX cards have no shopping limits, unlike its competitors, giving its customers a wide arena for shopping. A loyal customer would be gifted with more freedom with his (or her) card. For this, the customer needs to have a good history with AMEX and a decent credit report.
Factors to consider while choosing a card:
Are you a travel freak? Area spend-thrift? Once you have figured out the requirements, you can easily choose a card. Even if you opt for the AMEX card, it would be good to have a backup card for emergencies cases. Carrying another card would be useful and would cost you absolutely nothing.
Investigate card options:
Monitor your shopping and spending limits. Before you opt for American Express card, study its features and how it works. This would help you decide if AMEX is your card.
- Study your monthly expenditure, monitor your the frequency of shopping, and compare it with AMEX options. This will help you choose the best card according to your needs.
- American Express cards come in two variants, Credit cards, and debit cards. If you go for debit cards, the payments must be made at the end of each month. The debit card holder does not have interest charges or spending limit. You can shop freely. The credit cards of American Express work like the general credit cards, where the credit card holder can carry his balance to the succeeding month.
- Read the terms and conditions and study the reviews carefully. This would give you an insight into the AMEX card. Also read the letters attached to the card, to know about the detailed terms and conditions and to avoid shocks during the later stage.
Determine your credit needs:
The first and foremost thing to do, before opting for American Express card, is to have a clear picture of what you want from your card. Want to get rewards every time you shop? Do you not need to be bothered by expenditure limits?
- What are your requirements from your card? Set some expectations, and choose a card accordingly.
- American Express offers both credit and debit cards. Choose a card according to your comfort and needs.
- Read the terms and conditions carefully to understand the working and charges of AMEX card. This would help avoid further confusion.
This is all you need to know about AMEX cards and if you want to Activate/Confirm Your AMEX Card here is the complete guide.